October26th

The person who is hated the most has the best genetics. This is because they are successful and captialize on their good genetics by also working hard. This makes people who don’t work hard feel inferior so thus, they blame everything but themselves for their lack of success.

Simply put, if you are successful you have good genetics. Just some people’s genetics are more mental than physical.

If someone “could’ve gone pro but the coach hated me” then he has shitty genetics because he is too stupid to do what is necessary to play the game. Thus his mental genetics/will to succeed is weak. And let’s be honest, if a coach HATED Michael Jordan he’d probably still play him. Because he is good.

5/3/1 Ebook
5/3/1 Hard Copy on Amazon

• Comment by JVG — October 26, 2011 @ 4:38 pm

great stuff, willing yourself to be the best is defo genetic. Nice work on the old Yates pic.

• Comment by Outsider — October 26, 2011 @ 5:56 pm

Truth.

• Comment by Bret Contreras — October 26, 2011 @ 10:19 pm

One thing I love about living in New Zealand is that short-shorts are still “in” here. They should have never went out of style. Nice to see a pic of Dorian shortly after he started training. I remember reading that he benched either 225 or 315 the first time trying it. Crazy! And good point about physical AND mental genetics.

• Comment by Tony — October 27, 2011 @ 12:29 pm

I couldn’t agree more with this article….

• Comment by Carl Stull — October 27, 2011 @ 6:28 pm

I hated my track coach, but I still have my track medals hanging on my wall.

• Pingback by Mental Genetics | — October 27, 2011 @ 11:40 pm

[...] an interesting take from Jim Wendler on whether or not you’ve got it when it comes to athleticism: The person who is hated the [...]